Pages

Friday 26 September 2014

Accommodation

I decided that I wanted to stay in San Juan in Puerto Rico and make day trips to see the sites (usually it would only require an hour of travel outside of the city). 


I do enjoy trying local foods and restaurants when I'm on vacation, but I also like visiting local markets and doing my own cooking- meaning I need a kitchen. This is one of the reasons I decided to find an apartment for my 10 day trip. 


I used one of my favourite travel sites (to find accommodation),  airbnb.ca to find a small apartment in the centre of San Juan. 




The apartment location


Cost of accommodation

The total cost of 9 nights in the apartment was $787.00 CAD. 

I first used airbnb last year on my trip to Europe and had a very good experience in the apartment I rented in the Czech Republic. I think as long as you check the reviews and pictures, you'll end up with a good experience. The other thing I really like about using airbnb is that you can directly contact the home owner and get their honest opinions about the best local sites, restaurants, hidden gems etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment